[DRBD-user] WinDRBD 1.0.0-rc17 released

Johannes Thoma johannes.thoma at linbit.com
Fri Oct 22 15:57:04 CEST 2021

Dear DRBD and WinDRBD users,

We are proud to release WinDRBD 1.0.0-rc17 with many new features: most
notably no reboots on upgrading are required any more (when upgrading
from 1.0.0-rc17 to an upcoming newer version).

As far as I am concerned this rc is feature complete for the stable 1.0.0
version. Unless there are showstopper bugs coming up in the next 2
weeks we will release the stable 1.0.0 version in 2 weeks for now.

Please help by testing this release canidate.

As always an installable EXE signed by Linbit can be downloaded from:

https://linbit.com/linbit-software-download-page-for-linstor-and-drbd-linux-driver/#drbd-windows

Here is the complete list of new features (see also the WHATSNEW.md file
in the repo at https://github.com/LINBIT/windrbd):

Driver unloading: No reboot on Upgrade/Uninstall: Future versions are able to remove
the WinDRBD driver without reboot (you just need to take down the DRBD resources).

Upgrade to 9.0.31: DRBD was upgraded to the latest version as of October 22 2021.

Userland services (umhelper, log) are started on boot: Finally also the userland
services that come with WinDRBD are started automatically.

/VERYSILENT install: Upgrade can be done without GUI interaction (you have to affirm
the Linbit key the first time)

Setup logging: You can find a log file in the %TEMP% (C:\Windows\Temp) after installation.

Online resize works: Resizing (both enlarge and shrinking) a DRBD resource while it is in
use is working now.

Dynamic disks as backing devices work: Partitions on Dynamic Disks can be used as Backing
devices for WinDRBD resources.

Fix for install userland errors message box: This was introduced in WinDRBD 1.0.0-rc15 and
should be fixed now.

Thank you for contributing to WinDRBD development by using it.

Best regards and happy hacking,

- Johannes