[DRBD-user] DRBD/Linstor/Proxmox diskless storage-pools

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Jan 27 10:13:51 CET 2020

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 11:15:35PM -0500, Rob Tongue wrote:
> So here is what I have tried:
>
> I have created as a test, a small lvm thinpool as a storage-pool on node1
>
> # linstor storage-pool create lvmthin tank1 test test/pve

OK

> Then I created on tank2/tank3 diskless storage-pools.
>
> # linstor storage-pool create diskless tank2 test
> # linstor storage-pool create diskless tank3 test

I would not have done that. There is a default diskless pool. In 99% you
don't need/want a specific diskless pool.

> # linstor resource-group create --storage-pool test --place-count 1
> --diskless-on-remaining test

I would not have added '--diskless-on-remaining'. The plugin should
create/remove diskless assignments "on demand". But it also should not
hurt.

> Then I finally created the volume-group
>
> # linstor volume-group create test
>
> When adding this storage to proxmox's storage.cfg, I lose the web interface
> of proxmox, and refreshing the page only provides the Datacenter top level
> section in the left pane, with nothing underneath it.  No nodes or
> anything.  Removing the storage.cfg entries, makes it all come back.  Very
> strange, and want to verify I did everything correctly.

Can you create resources based on the resource group on the command line
via 'linstor'?

> drbd: test
>     content images,rootdir
>     controller 10.128.1.100
>     resourcegroup test
>     controllervm 100
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

When I debug the plugin I usually use some of the 'pvesm' commands (list
and friends). Then, if there is a bug in the plugin, it usually spills
out where it fails.

Regards, rck