[DRBD-user] DRBD/Linstor/Proxmox diskless storage-pools

Rob Tongue phunyguy at neverserio.us
Mon Jan 27 14:36:48 CET 2020

On 1/27/20 4:13 AM, Roland Kammerer wrote:
>> Then I created on tank2/tank3 diskless storage-pools.
>>
>> # linstor storage-pool create diskless tank2 test
>> # linstor storage-pool create diskless tank3 test
> I would not have done that. There is a default diskless pool. In 99% you
> don't need/want a specific diskless pool.
This got me further... I created just the lvmthin storage-pool on tank1,
and it added fine to proxmox, but *only* on tank1.  tank2/3 show
question marks, and do not show any content listed that I created from
tank1 on the "test" storage.  Summary section shows "N/A" for space
used/size, etc, for those two.
>> # linstor resource-group create --storage-pool test --place-count 1
>> --diskless-on-remaining test
> I would not have added '--diskless-on-remaining'. The plugin should
> create/remove diskless assignments "on demand". But it also should not
> hurt.
Correct, I tested with/without, no change.
> Can you create resources based on the resource group on the command line
> via 'linstor'?

I will try, although I am not sure of the exact steps necessary.

-phunyguy