[DRBD-user] PingAck did not arrive in time.

Tue Jun 25 01:12:17 CEST 2019

On 25/6/19 12:58 am, Robert Altnoeder wrote:
> On 6/24/19 3:39 PM, Oleksiy Evin wrote:
>> At this moment we're able to achieve about 1.2GB while replication
>> which is little bit slower then a single enclosure speed, but enough
>> for all our needs. Potentially we may grow up above PB next year or two.
> I don't think so, at least not with a single volume on the current
> version of DRBD, because 1 PiB is currently the maximum gross size of a
> single DRBD volume.
>
>> Do you advise any different setup?
> I would certainly recommend splitting the data if it's possible. I know
> that 4k/8k video material can be very large in size, but I guess those
> ~600 TiB of data is not the working set size for a single movie
> editing/finish/effects/... project, or is it?
> If it is rather something like an archive, or a single volume with mixed
> content, then partitioning by either date or content type could be a
> possible solution.

Is it possible to use Linux MD on top of DRBD devices? ie, use
/dev/drbd[0-3] to create a RAID0 array?

Or I guess using them as PV's and then creating a single LV across all
of them?

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message