[DRBD-user] PingAck did not arrive in time.

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Jun 24 16:58:34 CEST 2019

On 6/24/19 3:39 PM, Oleksiy Evin wrote:
> At this moment we're able to achieve about 1.2GB while replication
> which is little bit slower then a single enclosure speed, but enough
> for all our needs. Potentially we may grow up above PB next year or two.

I don't think so, at least not with a single volume on the current
version of DRBD, because 1 PiB is currently the maximum gross size of a
single DRBD volume.

> Do you advise any different setup?

I would certainly recommend splitting the data if it's possible. I know
that 4k/8k video material can be very large in size, but I guess those
~600 TiB of data is not the working set size for a single movie
editing/finish/effects/... project, or is it?
If it is rather something like an archive, or a single volume with mixed
content, then partitioning by either date or content type could be a
possible solution.

br,
Robert