[DRBD-user] Failed to create meta-data for DRBD volume

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Tue Apr 23 08:54:46 CEST 2019

Hello,

there are a few things that confuse me quite a lot:

first:
> for n in alpha bravo charlie delta; do \
> linstor storage-pool create $n drbdpool lvmthin pve/drbdpool; \
> done

This is a _very_ old linstor syntax for creating a storage pool. For the
last several months (at least!) you have to do something like
linstor storage-pool create lvmthin $n drbdpool pve/drbdpool

second:
>>Did you actually create  the LVM thin pool you want to use? LINSTOR does
>>not do that for you.

> I did not create the LVM thin pool, because LINSTOR does it.

as Roland mentioned correctly, Linstor does NOT create the thin pool for
you. You have to create the pve/drbdpool on your own. Linstor will only
create the lvm-volumes within that given pool for you, but not the pool
itself!

--
Best regards,
Gabor