[DRBD-user] Failed to create meta-data for DRBD volume

Daniel Ulman dulman at sacme.com.ar
Mon Apr 22 17:17:15 CEST 2019

Hi Roland:

Thank you for your reply.

>Did you actually create  the LVM thin pool you want to use? LINSTOR does
>not do that for you.

I did not create the LVM thin pool, because LINSTOR does it.

>What is the "lvs" status at the time this fails? Was the backing device
>even created, so meta-data can be written?

lvs
  LV           	VG     Attr       LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  data        	pve    -wi-a----- 300.00g
  root         	pve    -wi-ao----  96.00g
  swap         	pve    -wi-ao----   4.00g
  test01_00000 	vg_hdd -wi-a-----  50.01g

(test01 is a new test after the last LINSTOR upgrade)

The backing device was not created manually before, because LINSTOR creates de LV and the .res file

/var/lib/linstor.d/test01.res

Regards

Daniel