[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.9.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Sep 4 16:37:34 CEST 2018

On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 04:10:38PM +0200, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> Il 01/09/2018 09:59, Roland Kammerer ha scritto:
> > It is exactly the job of "systemctl edit" to*not*  mess with system
> > files shiped by packages.  What it would do, is to create this file:
> >
> > /etc/systemd/system/linstor-satellite.service.d/override.conf
> >
> > And there you can, as the name says, override settings. It looks like
> > some versions of systemd then required the section + a reset, as in:
> > [Service]
> > ExecStart=
> > ExecStart=mynewsetting
>
> This is exactly the case for linstor-satellite.service (I tried all
> variations)

Yeah, I also checked, and already updated the UG. So far I did not send
it to the web-dude, but "soon", then it is also on docs.linbit.com. Till
then (GH slightly messes up the mark up):

https://github.com/LINBIT/linbit-documentation/blob/master/UG9/en/proxmox-linstor.adoc

> > Probably I have to add that detail to the documentation, if it still
> > applies to the version proxmox ships.
>
> Probably, but I think we are anyway condemned to live with this sort of
> undocumented systemd behaviour.

Hm, don't know if it is undocumented, guess not, usually the systemd
documentation is pretty good.

Anyways, this will change a bit in the future. I don't like that people
have to copy the whole ExecStart line. What if we then change default
locations? (Unlikely, but still). So in some future version
linstor-statellite will also  understand a "LS_KEEP_RES" (or similar)
environment variable, then the whole thing becomes:
[Service]
Environment=LS_KEEP_RES=vm-100

I like that a lot more.

Regards, rck