[DRBD-user] fence (unfence really) versus corosync (slow startup)

Wed May 10 14:16:29 CEST 2017

On 10/5/17 18:01, Robert Altnoeder wrote:
> On 05/10/2017 04:43 AM, Christian Balzer wrote:
>>> Have Pacemaker start DRBD, then the CIB will be available for unfence.
>>>
>> Easier said than done, as Debian only supplies the LSB init script, which
>> a "systemctl disable" will NOT disable.
>> For now brutal "exit 0" solves that, bug report to Debian in progress...
> Since it's not required anyway, because Pacemaker will start and stop
> DRBD using its own resource agent:
> Sysadmin's bag of tricks says,
> rm /etc/rcX.d/drbd
>   and maybe
> rm /etc/init.d/drbd
>
> (or whatever the script and its symlinks are called)
>
> Checking for DRBD being started upon system boot should probably also
> go on the system update SOP just in case that any update reinstalls or
> otherwise reenables the automatic start of DRBD.
Would a possible solution to this be for corosync to install some file
in /etc/default/corosync such as DRBDSTART=manual and for DRBD to read
(if it exists) /etc/default/corosync and simply exit unless
DRBDSTART=auto ...

The other option is for /etc/default/drbd to include an option for
UseCorosync=true/false etc..

Well, something along those lines.

Ultimately, this would need to be proposed as a patch to debian, and
would need to be accepted and added for the packages there, which is not
likely for at least a few years (at least for a stable release)....

Regards,
Adam