[DRBD-user] Testing new DRBD9 dedicated repo for PVE

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jan 4 13:51:11 CET 2017

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 10:42:54PM +1100, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> No serious company would integrate drbd in their product and then tell
> their customers to talk to Linbit in case of issues.

The license was only changed for drbdmanage. Kernel and drbd-utils are
still under the old license.

These companies you are talking about can talk to LINBIT, for example
for a partner agreement. Yes, already happened.

If you are a private user, in the end nothing changed for you. You can
use, patch, package drbdmanage and everything is as before. If you are a
company and you provide commercial support/commercial trainings and make
money out of that support business, then I think it is fair to give back
a bit to the people that wrote the stuff you are making money with.

Regards, rck