[DRBD-user] Testing new DRBD9 dedicated repo for PVE

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:42:54 CET 2017

On 04/01/2017 7:32 pm, "Roland Kammerer" <roland.kammerer at linbit.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 10:38:38AM +0000, Enrica Ruedin wrote:
> I can't understand Linbit to change license in such a way that PVE
> Proxmox has to remove their support completely. This unnecessary
> change leads to confusion.

But you do understand that we also eat and like to have a roof over our
heads? Hey, the Aparthotel Guggach Hotel from which domain you wrote
looks nice, that could solve one problem! ;-)

In the end the license - and sure IANAL - is a "do whatever you like,
but don't interfere with LINBIT's support business". IMO that's it. This
was not a move against Proxmox at all, there are other vendors not
playing nice... Just writing that because on the ML I have the
impression that there is some kind of "Proxmox vs. LINBIT". It isn't.

For the "has to remove [...] completely": Puh, dangerous territory to
comment on, but that was the decision of Proxmox.

No serious company would integrate drbd in their product and then tell
their customers to talk to Linbit in case of issues.

They have all the
right to do that! No blaming, no nothing. There are other
projects/companies that took another road and still ship, integrate, or
use drbdmanage with the current license.

Regards, rck