[DRBD-user] Configuration DRBD cache, timeouts and locking

kircheis at Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de kircheis at Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de
Sun Nov 27 16:19:16 CET 2016

Hello,

i don't speak english very well, but i hope to make my request partly clear.

My task is to look for an opportunity to make an optimization regarding
the reliabilty of a DRBD-Connection (Version 9) over a LAN between three
or four mobile devices. The problems at the task with mobile devices is,
that the devices may lose occasionally (and temporary) their connection to
each other, but it has to be so that the DRBD alive in a most efficient
manner.
The paramount Topic is a comparison of energy efficiency between using
DRBD and using NFS at the network edge.
In NFS i found some configuration-tools to try. Especially configurations
on the subject caching, locking and configuring timeouts may be useful.
Now, i'm looking for similiar configuration tools for DRBD, but i don't
find very much in the documentation. I find something about disk flushes,
but i don't see how to configurate here in a finely granular manner. To
the subject locking, and configuring timeouts i don't find anything
helpful. Can you give me please a hint, where in the documentation or in
other stuff i may find further informations?

many thanks

best reguard

Simmr