[DRBD-user] DRBD packages for Proxmox 4.x

Christoph Lechleitner christoph.lechleitner at iteg.at
Sun Nov 27 14:24:46 CET 2016

Am 2016-11-27 um 13:54 schrieb Jasmin J.:

> JJ> So I would prefer the variant from your Debian package, as Proxmox
> VE 4.x
> JJ> is Debian based, beside the Kernel (Ubuntu version).
>> Well, everybody seems to agree the variants are equivalent, and the
> variant
>> commited to git has been accepted by Linus and will make it into all
> kernels
>> updates up to 4.9 (4.10 gets a larger rewrite there anyway).
> You did misunderstand me here. I meant using drbd-utils from Debian, not
> the
> Kernel module.

Yes, I did misunderstand.

> I guess, as soon as Linbit will release a
> drbd-8.4.10-1.tar.gz
> on their page you will upgrade your DEB package and then the upstream
> version
> of th patch is automatically used.

Yes, we'll definitely upgrade our package to drbd-8.4.10 once linbit
releases that tarball.

We'll probably continue with further DRBD8 upstream upgrades until
Debian stretch becomes stable (with kernel 4.10 LTS) and all of the
nodes we own or maintain are switched.
i.e. until late summer 2017 or longer.

Regards, Christoph