[DRBD-user] drbdadm verify always report oos

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu May 19 17:35:55 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 06:21:02PM +0800, d tbsky wrote:
> hi:
>     I am using drbd 8.4.7 which comes from epel under scientific linux
> 7.2.  when I try "drbdadm verify res", it report there is oos.
>
>    so I disconnect/connect the resource, the oos now becomes 0. but
> when I verify it again, it report oos again.  the oos amount is
> different than previous, but the oos sector numbers are simliar.
>
>    I also try "invalidate-remote" to resync all and then verify, but
> it still report oos.
>
>     I don't know what happened, it seems my cluster has big problems
> with data consistency. but all the vm running above the drbd resources
> seems fine, and I migrate them between hosts many times.
>
>    is the behavior normal or I should replace the hardware now?

Even though the subject does not mention drbd online verify,
you still want to read this:
"Re: Explained: Digest integrity check FAILED"
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2011-March/015751.html
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/21091?do=post_view_threaded#21091
or gmane or any other ML archive.

you could run with data-integrity enabled for a while, and check for
"Digest mismatch, buffer modified by upper layers during write"
messages in kernel logs.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed