[DRBD-user] Dependency on "docker" in drbdmanage-docker-volume

John Colgrave colgrave at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jul 19 11:10:24 CEST 2016

drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com wrote on 19/07/2016 09:06:08:

> From: Roland Kammerer <roland.kammerer at linbit.com>
> To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
> Date: 19/07/2016 09:06
> Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Dependency on "docker" in
drbdmanage-docker-volume
> Sent by: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 01:46:49PM +0100, John Colgrave wrote:
> > I tried installing drbdmanage-docker-volume, from the official
repository,
> > on RHEL 7.2 but got:
> >
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Running transaction check
> > ---> Package drbdmanage-docker-volume.noarch 0:0.7-1 will be installed
> > --> Processing Dependency: docker for package:
> > drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Package: drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch (drbd-9.0)
> >            Requires: docker
> >  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> >  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
> >
> > I have tried both of the workarounds listed but neither of them work.
> >
> > There is no package "docker" available in my environment. I followed
the
> > docker instructions and installed docker-engine so I guess that is
what
> > the dependency should be not docker.
>
> Which "docker instructions"?

https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/linux/rhel/

There is an equivalent page for CentOS 7.X which also instructs people to
install docker-engine so anyone installing from the docker repositories
will have this issue.

> AFAIK there should be a "docker" package on RHEL7[1] (and I'm sure there
> is one on Centos 7.2[2]).
>
> [1]:
> # subscription-manager register --username=rhnuser --password=rhnpasswd
> # subscription-manager list --available    Find valid RHEL pool ID
> # subscription-manager attach --pool=pool_id
> # subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-extras-rpms
> # subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
>
> # yum install docker device-mapper-libs device-mapper-event-libs

I do not have access to RHN. I could try to access the CentOS repository
but it looks like it only has docker 1.10.3-44 whereas I have 1.11.2-1
directly from docker.

Regards, John

> Regards, rck
>
> [1]
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-enterprise-linux-
> atomic-host/version-7/getting-started-with-containers/
> #getting_docker_in_rhel_7
>
> [2]
> # docker run --rm -it centos:centos7 /bin/bash -c 'yum search docker'

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.