[DRBD-user] Dependency on "docker" in drbdmanage-docker-volume

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Jul 19 13:58:16 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:10:24AM +0100, John Colgrave wrote:
> drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com wrote on 19/07/2016 09:06:08:
>
> > From: Roland Kammerer <roland.kammerer at linbit.com>
> > To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
> > Date: 19/07/2016 09:06
> > Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Dependency on "docker" in
> drbdmanage-docker-volume
> > Sent by: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 01:46:49PM +0100, John Colgrave wrote:
> > > I tried installing drbdmanage-docker-volume, from the official
> repository,
> > > on RHEL 7.2 but got:
> > >
> > > Resolving Dependencies
> > > --> Running transaction check
> > > ---> Package drbdmanage-docker-volume.noarch 0:0.7-1 will be installed
> > > --> Processing Dependency: docker for package:
> > > drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch
> > > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > > Error: Package: drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch (drbd-9.0)
> > >            Requires: docker
> > >  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> > >  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
> > >
> > > I have tried both of the workarounds listed but neither of them work.
> > >
> > > There is no package "docker" available in my environment. I followed
> the
> > > docker instructions and installed docker-engine so I guess that is
> what
> > > the dependency should be not docker.
> >
> > Which "docker instructions"?
>
> https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/linux/rhel/
>
> There is an equivalent page for CentOS 7.X which also instructs people to
> install docker-engine so anyone installing from the docker repositories
> will have this issue.

Mhm, RHEL/Centos names it "docker", docker(.com) names it docker-engine,
great! ;-)

Would be nice if rpm could handle something like what is pretty standard
in the Debian world: "Depends: foo|bar". I hacked my way around this rpm
stupidity, please install-test this package:

http://oss.linbit.com/drbdmanage/packages/drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch.rpm

Regards, rck