[DRBD-user] Dependency on "docker" in drbdmanage-docker-volume

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Jul 19 10:06:08 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 01:46:49PM +0100, John Colgrave wrote:
> I tried installing drbdmanage-docker-volume, from the official repository,
> on RHEL 7.2 but got:
>
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package drbdmanage-docker-volume.noarch 0:0.7-1 will be installed
> --> Processing Dependency: docker for package:
> drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: drbdmanage-docker-volume-0.7-1.noarch (drbd-9.0)
>            Requires: docker
>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> I have tried both of the workarounds listed but neither of them work.
>
> There is no package "docker" available in my environment. I followed the
> docker instructions and installed docker-engine so I guess that is what
> the dependency should be not docker.

Which "docker instructions"?

AFAIK there should be a "docker" package on RHEL7[1] (and I'm sure there
is one on Centos 7.2[2]).

[1]:
# subscription-manager register --username=rhnuser --password=rhnpasswd
# subscription-manager list --available    Find valid RHEL pool ID
# subscription-manager attach --pool=pool_id
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-extras-rpms
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-optional-rpms

# yum install docker device-mapper-libs device-mapper-event-libs

Regards, rck

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-enterprise-linux-atomic-host/version-7/getting-started-with-containers/#getting_docker_in_rhel_7

[2]
# docker run --rm -it centos:centos7 /bin/bash -c 'yum search docker'