[DRBD-user] drbd9 cluster problems after reboot (related to resources definitions in /var/lib/drbd.d)

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Aug 16 15:06:16 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 02:27:31PM +0200, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> I noted that this seems related to disappearance of resources
> definitions under /var/lib/drbd.d/* (even if i know that text files
> definitions for drbdmanaged resources should not be required.
>
> Anyway, if I trigger recreation of /var/lib/drbd.d/*.res files issuing a
> series of:
>
> drbdmanage net-options --resource <target resource>  --max-buffers 8000
>
> things tend to rapidly improve.

In general it is a good idea to remove old, maybe outdated/leftover
*.res files on startup. We had some issues with conflicting minor
numbers and what not.

We removed them on startup, but only generated them later. With
drbdmange 0.97.1 all res files get removed on startup, and the ones from
known resources get created on startup immediately. This should help for
example the manual "drbdadm" case.

BTW: you don't have to set/uset resource options to trigger an export of
res files:
drbdmanage export-res "*" # the quotes are important

Regards, rck