[DRBD-user] Programmatically Configure/Setup DRBD

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Jun 8 10:08:55 CEST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Smith" <marc.smith at mcc.edu>
To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:16:01 PM
Subject: [DRBD-user] Programmatically Configure/Setup DRBD

Hi,

I'd like to develop a tool/front-end to configuring and setting up
DRBD (eg, get/set global DRBD settings, add/remove/modify DRBD
resources, etc.). Had a couple questions regarding this topic, and
looking for input if other users have any...

- It doesn't appear there is a way to directly add/remove DRBD
resource configurations from the command line tools (eg, drbdadm)...
the DRBD configuration files are the "source of truth" and no way to
add configurations via CLI tools (other than editing the config. files
then running the CLI tools to evaluate the configuration). Right?
Nothing new for this in DRBD 9?

Oh, we have a tool for managing drbd9 resources, volumes, LVM snapshots and what not:

http://git.linbit.com/gitweb.cgi?p=drbdmanage.git;a=summary

This tool generates drbd config files and distributes them in your cluster. Patches welcome, I personally do not see a need for something else.

Regards, rck