[DRBD-user] Reload vs. restart to deploy new config?

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Tue Sep 3 11:24:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

DRBD being a kernel module, it does not have an actual "service" to restart.

"drbdadm adjust all" should be enough in most cases.
If you changed something to the network config, it's safer to "drbdadm
disconnect" the resources first, adjust the nodes and then reconnect.
This can be done without interrupting production.
Just remember to have the exact same config on both nodes.

It's useless to unload the module unless you upgrade it.

Check your distro's script to know what "service drbd restart" does, but
probably it will stop production when it's not necessary.

Lionel Sausin.