[DRBD-user] Nodes do not connect

Nelson Hicks nelsonh at socket.net
Tue Dec 10 18:16:43 CET 2013

It sounds like there's no IP connectivity between the hosts. Double
check the IP addresses in the resource config file and make sure the
primary can ping the second node and vice versa. You may have an error
in your network configuration file or need a network driver installed.
I'm not familiar with OpenSUSE, so I probably can't help you more than
google can with that part.

The console message says DRBD is configured to wait forever for the DRBD
resource to wake up, so if there's a problem with the network settings
on the second node (or the first node), DRBD will prevent bootup from
continuing.

I have the same problem with typing 'yes' to the console to bypass that
prompt not working on my Ubuntu servers, so I don't know what to do
about that except to set a wfc-timeout in the drbd.conf file.

--
Nelson Hicks
Network Operations
nelsonh at socket.net