[DRBD-user] Switch from MD to DRBD

pierpaolo.fasano pierpaolo.fasano at coritel.it
Fri Mar 16 15:34:46 CET 2012

Hi all,
thank you. It has seemed to me that the solution is to clear the bitmap and let DRBD consider data consistent on both disks.
Indeed I followed the steps showed in http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/re-drbdsetup.html and it works fine!

After I've disabled MD raid and configured DRBD resource based on the former raid disks I started drbd in this way:

1.On both nodes, initialize meta data and configure the device.
drbdadm -- --force create-md res

2.They need to do the initial handshake, so they know their sizes.
drbdadm up res

3.They are now Connected Secondary/Secondary Inconsistent/Inconsistent. Generate a new current-uuid and clear the dirty bitmap.
drbdadm -- --clear-bitmap new-current-uuid res

4.They are now Connected Secondary/Secondary UpToDate/UpToDate. Make one side primary and create a file system.
drbdadm primary res

Hoping this can help somebody else,
Cheers

Pierpaolo