[DRBD-user] Switch from MD to DRBD

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Fri Mar 16 14:36:46 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

Not sure this is the right answer without further information about your setup - what you have and where you're headed (you have 2 disk MD RAID 1... and are moving one of the disks to a new server? going to have DRBD on top of MD?) but...

You should be able to add the the meta data to the existing array with something similiar to this:
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2009-February/011464.html

Then removed the mirror drive and do a "truck-based" replication explained here - specifically appropriate case listed under #2:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-legacy/s-using-truck-based-replication.html

HTH

Jake