[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3 - 6 nodes

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Mar 6 11:23:13 CET 2012

On 03/06/2012 11:18 AM, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> yes, the mailbox storages are LUN's on a SAN. it manages to do
> clustering with rgmanager + cman, so A3 would take where A1 or A2 left
> off by mounting A1's or A2's mailbox storage on itself since it is
> already running a standby mailbox service (zimbra-cluster standby
> server). i believe this is called 2+1 clustering.
>
> but now i have to setup another cluster for disaster recovery as i
> described before using drbd.
>
> is there anyway, with this setup that i could achieve what i had intended?
> FYI, all hardware had been bought and storage had been calculated
> beforehand which i had no saying or part of. so this is a bit of a
> problem for me.

Ah, I see now.

Technically, you'd want establish DRBD synchronisation between the SAN
at your A site and the SAN at the B site. Manual failover would include
making SAN B Primary.

Now, if said SANs are proprietary all-in-one products, your
possibilities for adding DRBD to it may be severely limited.
Your SAN vendor may or may not offer a cross-site synchronisation of
their own.

HTH,
Felix