[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3 - 6 nodes

Umarzuki Mochlis umarzuki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:18:24 CET 2012

Pada 6 Mac 2012 4:45 PTG, Felix Frank <ff at mpexnet.de> menulis:

> On 03/06/2012 04:27 AM, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
>> without drbd, A3 would automatically mount A1's LUN & run as
>
> Without DRBD? How does this work? Are those LUNs on a SAN?
>
> With DRBD, you would need to set things up so that A3 has 2 DRBD
> volumes. One is shared with A1, another with A2. Your cluster manager
> would take care to normally have A1 and A2 be primary, and A3 in
> respective failover conditions.
>
> I'm not sure how you separate A1's from A2's services on A3, but your
> cluster configuration probably takes care of that already.
>
>> A1 in case of failure, will failover to A3
>> A2 in case of failure, will failover to A3
>
> OK, fine.

yes, the mailbox storages are LUN's on a SAN. it manages to do
clustering with rgmanager + cman, so A3 would take where A1 or A2 left
off by mounting A1's or A2's mailbox storage on itself since it is
already running a standby mailbox service (zimbra-cluster standby
server). i believe this is called 2+1 clustering.

but now i have to setup another cluster for disaster recovery as i
described before using drbd.

is there anyway, with this setup that i could achieve what i had intended?
FYI, all hardware had been bought and storage had been calculated
beforehand which i had no saying or part of. so this is a bit of a
problem for me.

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis