[DRBD-user] 4-way replication

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Thu Jan 19 14:07:11 CET 2012

Hello,

On 01/19/2012 09:51 AM, Benjamin Knoth wrote:
> Hi Lars,
> i'm not interestedin Pacemaker 1.05. But in the DRBD User Guide you can
> only read the following.
>
> Note
>
> Due to limitations in the Pacemaker cluster manager as of Pacemaker
> version 1.0.5, it is not possible to create this setup in a single
> four-node cluster without disabling CIB validation, which is an advanced
> process not recommended for general-purpose use. It is anticipated that
> this is being addressed in future Pacemaker releases.
>
> I use Pacemaker 1.1.5 at the moment.

If you wan't to configure a split-site cluster you could test two
two-node Pacemaker 1.1.6 cluster and the new booth service:

http://doc.opensuse.org/products/draft/SLE-HA/SLE-ha-guide_sd_draft/cha.ha.geo.html

If you have reliable interconnect between the two pairs including
fencing you could try to use one four node cluster with some fancy
constraints ... I think that should work ... though the correct
constraints might be challenging.

Regards,
Andreas

--