[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.4.2 Doesn't Compile Against 3.7 Kernel

Dzianis Kahanovich mahatma at bspu.unibel.by
Tue Dec 4 12:15:41 CET 2012

Lars Ellenberg пишет:

>> We were asked to do some Ubuntu testing against an upstream 3.7
>> kernel, and it turns out the 8.4.2 included with a vanilla 3.7
>
> There is no 8.4 in "vanilla" yet.
> 3.7 should be more like 8.3.13

Even 3.6 (.6, .7) better to not use, just becouse unstable. This is unstable on
my servers with drbd+ocfs2 - just stuck, on server with some of E1000E cards
(lost network on low-cost D-Link gigabit switch, autodetect code deviations),
unstable on workstation (nouveau or sound?). 3.5.7 now good everywhere.

Even if 3.7 still compatible - it need very paranoid testing before use.

--
WBR, Dzianis Kahanovich AKA Denis Kaganovich, http://mahatma.bspu.unibel.by/