[DRBD-user] drbd storage for Oracle VM

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Tue Apr 3 12:43:59 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Dan Barker <dbarker at visioncomm.net> wrote:
> Eduardo, thank you for your input, but Virtual Box (workstation product) is
> a completely different animal than Oracle VM (bare-metal hypervisor). I
> don’t get to choose the underlying storage, and OVM3 choses OCFS2.
>

> I guess I’ll simply have to try it out and see if DRBD will compile/run/etc.

It will. However OCFS2 will only work on Protocol C (dual-Primary mode
requires synchronous replication by definition), so your original plan
of using protocol A or B is out.

Why do you need to compile though? I thought UEK2 shipped with DRBD.
Or has that not been made available for Oracle VM yet?

Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now