[DRBD-user] DRBD stability - machine auto reboot

Steve Kieu msh.computing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:09:08 CET 2011

Sorry my typo or wording, They are enabled (not commented before)

I have commented out. Just curios why it is intended (default) that way.
Even if IO error you may not want to halt the whole machine - best thing
probably is to disabled/remove the drbd resource in question rather than
kill the machine.

I think it is probably because of it, currently it is doing some apps so I
will test it with adjusted config later on to confirm.

Thanks again for your input.

cheers

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Charles Kozler <charles at fixflyer.com>wrote:

> They do or do not have a # in front of them?
>
> My suggestion would be is to place a # in front of them if they do not
> have it there, restart DRBD, and try to recreate the issue. If it does not
> restart then we can probably confirm that's what is causing it.
>
> If you worry about commenting them out then maybe you can edit the lines
> (or the scripts the events call) and have it touch a file in /tmp so you
> can confirm its actually an event being thrown and not something unrelated
> to DRBD.
>
> Finally, if they are commented, then I'm not really sure what it could be.
> Does 'last -n 10' command say 'crash' or indicate an error? Maybe look at
> /var/logs and see if it was a clean reboot initiated or a system crash.

Steve Kieu