[DRBD-user] Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS and DRBD

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Thu Nov 3 09:05:46 CET 2011

Le -10/01/-28163 20:59, Nick Morrison a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> This question relates to both DRBD and Ubuntu.
>
> Even though 12.04 LTS is just around the corner, I need a couple of pairs of new DRBD machines in production.  Using 10.04.3 LTS, I can "apt-get install drbd8-utils", and it neatly compiles a kernel module and installs the userland tools, which is great, and even seems to work :-),
>
> but they're version 8.3.7.
>
> Should I go out of my way to upgrade to 8.3.9 or higher, or is using this version on Ubuntu "supported"? :-)
>
> Will my servers melt and delete my bytes if I use 8.3.7?  Or should I be fine?

Hi,
We've been using DRBD on Ubuntu Lucid and the packaged version worked
rather fine except for this bug :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/drbd8/+bug/744293

However we've upgraded to 8.3.11 for the new features it provides, and I
expect we'll upgrade to newer 8.3 releases later on.
We have a PPD you can use : https://launchpad.net/~numerigraphe/+archive/ppa
Our drbd packages are recompiled from the ubuntu source packages, with
only the original tarball upgraded - nothing fancy. We do it that way
mostly because Ubuntu packaged drbd for use with DKMS.
If you build your own package, just make sure you build it on the same
kernel version and architecture, or tune the configure magic that adapts
the Makefile.

Lionel Sausin.