[DRBD-user] problem setting up a logical volume with drbd

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jul 19 19:45:20 CEST 2011

On 07/19/2011 01:30 PM, listslut at outofoptions.net wrote:
>> Also, *please* setup real fencing ASAP. You *will* corrupt your data
>> without it.
>>
>> Best of luck.
>>
> Thanks.  I'll look into the fencing.  I'm using a cluster that was
> already up and running but having performance issues as a rough guide.
>  These are HP machines with ilo cards so I'll look into that method
> soon.  I am just looking at this cluster as a temp for now to move to so
> I can dig into the 'real' cluster. ;)

HP's iLo works fine as a fence device. I've got a write-up on iLo and
fencing here:

http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Configuring_HP_iLO_2_on_EL5

The example use of fence_ilo in RHCS is at the bottom of the page. If
you do not care about configuring the iLo from within Linux, you can
skip most of that page.

> One small thing remains. I'm sure it isn't a drbd issue though.  I
> thought I was good to go with everything.  All of the commands to
> display various lvm data show up on the second node but there is nothing
> in the /dev directory.  I didn't realize this until I went to make the
> file system on the second node.  Any advice on where to look for that
> info?  I'll hit the RH site after lunch.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Ken Lowther

See if this meshes with what you setup:

http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial#Setting_Up_Clustered_Storage

Specifically:

http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial#Setting_Up_Clustered_LVM

If you run into specific problems, ask here (with as much detail as
possible). Though it may not be a specific DRBD issue, I am sure it will
be of interest to the list as DRBD is frequently used in clusters like this.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"