[DRBD-user] problem setting up a logical volume with drbd

listslut at outofoptions.net listslut at outofoptions.net
Tue Jul 19 19:30:45 CEST 2011

Quoting Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>:

> On 07/19/2011 12:47 PM, listslut at outofoptions.net wrote:
>> Digimer.  Thanks for the help.  I went back and partitioned the drive
>> for lvm and then it didn't show up at all.  I removed the partitions and
>> suddenly everything went according to plan.  I'm guessing this just got
>> everything back to a known state.  Not sure.  The changes on the first
>> machine would always show up on the second machine. So, who knows...
>>
>> Thanks Again.
>> Ken
>
> Ensure that the rebuilt partitions/LVs are clustered.
>
> Also, *please* setup real fencing ASAP. You *will* corrupt your data
> without it.
>
> Best of luck.

Thanks.  I'll look into the fencing.  I'm using a cluster that was
already up and running but having performance issues as a rough guide.
  These are HP machines with ilo cards so I'll look into that method
soon.  I am just looking at this cluster as a temp for now to move to
so I can dig into the 'real' cluster. ;)

One small thing remains. I'm sure it isn't a drbd issue though.  I
thought I was good to go with everything.  All of the commands to
display various lvm data show up on the second node but there is
nothing in the /dev directory.  I didn't realize this until I went to
make the file system on the second node.  Any advice on where to look
for that info?  I'll hit the RH site after lunch.

Thanks again.

Ken Lowther