[DRBD-user] DRBD & Pacemaker

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Jul 13 16:18:51 CEST 2011

On 07/12/2011 10:51 AM, Lucian Torje wrote:
> Pacemaker automatically mounts the drdb device on the master node (the
> cluster contains a primary-secondary nodes) while the slave doesn't have
> access in order not to corrupt the data, right?

Hi,

seeing as Pascal covered the other base, I can chime in on this one.

There is indeed no Pacemaker magic required to protect the disk on your
Secondary. DRBD will not allow any access to a DRBD that is in the
Secondary role. It does this on kernel level, so you really cannot shoot
yourself in the foot (so long as you don't uselessly play with the
allow-two-primaries option).

Your other assumptions are fair enough, one remark: You may want to cram
"colocation bunny_on_fs" and "order bunny_after_fs" into a single
"group mq drbd_fs bunny".

HTH,
Felix