[DRBD-user] DRBD and VMware virtual machines

Lucian-Paul Torje ltorje at kno.com
Tue Jul 12 14:45:00 CEST 2011

Hello,
Are there some known issues in using DRBD from VMware virtual machines?
I've configured DRBD like shown below (one physical machine which runs
VMware Workstation, 2 virtual servers ha-node1 and ha-node2).
The synch works fine, one primary, another secondary, mounting on
ha-node1 works fine /dev/drbd0, writing to it works fine, but when I try
to mount it on secondary it fails (even if secondary was set primary in
the meantime, and for some unknown reason from time to time, when I
perform some DRBD configuration actions from DRBD management console -
all my machines, the physical one and the virtual ones freezes.

resource r0 {
     protocol    C;

     net {
         sndbuf-size    01M;