[DRBD-user] Documentation request

Mrten mrten+drbd at ii.nl
Wed Jul 6 23:51:46 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-06 21:55, Florian Haas wrote:

>> Could the documentation please elaborate a bit more on the difference
>> between meta-disk and flexible-meta-disk?
[...]
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/18149?do=post_view_threaded#18149
>>

> Certainly, and I'll be more than happy to review and merge a patch. The
> documentation sources are here:

I shall look into this; I'd like to settle one thing first though:

http://copilotco.com/mail-archives/drbd.2009/msg01104.html

Lars stated on the mailinglist (in a mail which -of course- I found
before I found the first mail mentioned) that flexible-meta-disk ==
meta-disk for drbd 8.x. I've found that not to be the case quite that
literally (for 8.3.9), but what shall be the path onward for drbd?

Or is flexible-meta-disk only different from meta-disk for the external
meta-disk case?

With that information I can submit a documentation patch :)

thanks,
Mrten.