[DRBD-user] Moving a live DRBD setup to a new version?

Cameron Smith velvetpixel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:45:40 CET 2011

Well looking further online it seems the two versions are compatible!
Can anybody here confirm that please?

Now my main two questions are:

1) Will having different size partitions between nodes cause an issue?
(my meta-data is on a separate partition and not set as internal)

2) After bringing up my resource on the new node do I then run:

*drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary resource*

ON THE OLD PRIMARY NODE? This is where the data is live and the /data
partition is mounted.

I want to make sure I don't kill my live site and it's data!!! :)

Thanks!