[DRBD-user] DRBD settings difficulties with understanding

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Wed Jan 12 15:50:28 CET 2011

Defaults are set to provide compatibility with earlier releases. An upgrade
shouldn't change the configuration files meanings. So, when a new feature is
added, where it didn't exist before, the default should be OFF. If you want
to use the new feature, then you turn it on manually, and verify that it
didn't break anything. There is enough "drama" at new release time that you
don't need to make more changes than necessary. After the upgrade has
settled in, then you turn on the new features and make sure they do what you
want.

So, in your case (new install), turn on all the new stuff!

As to the I/O handling with DEBD+GFS2+NFS Primary/Primary, I do not know the
answer. Maybe someone else on the list can help.

Dan, in Atlanta (the Top Poster)