[DRBD-user] DRBD settings difficulties with understanding

Ivan Pavlenko i.pavlenko at unsw.edu.au
Tue Jan 11 22:29:20 CET 2011

Hi ALL,

I'm a new to DRBD and have some difficulties with understanding of drbd
settings. I've been reading manuals hard but still have lots of questions.

1) Configuring I/O error handling strategies
I see detach method is highly recommended but pass_on is still default
method. Why? What differences between these methods? Why we have
unrecommended method as default instead of the first one? I have
DEBD+GFS2+NFS Primary/Primary solution. What should I use in my case? Why?
2) I see configuring checksum-based synchronization and replication
traffic integrity checking are not enabled for resources by default and
I don't have them also. I don't like it and I wont to turn them on, but
I have thought  "m.b. they haven't been enabled knowingly". So my
question is why them haven't been enabled and what I will have if I turn
it on? Lost my performance? Stability?

Thank you in advice,
Ivan.