[DRBD-user] "Concurrent local write detected!"

J. Ryan Earl oss at jryanearl.us
Tue Jan 4 04:32:30 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Chris Worley <worleys at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This is part of Unix file system semantics.
> >>
> >> A dead system is not the proper outcome.
> >
> > Color me ignorant, but what have *file system* semantics got to do with
> > a block device?
>
> Exactly.  It should have nothing to do with it, but it's causing
> lock-outs in the kernel (I'm not sure if that's the proper
> terminology, but the output is in previous incarnations of this
> thread) that cause spinning media not under DRBD control (i.e. the
> root fs) to disconnect (then reconnect as other SD devices... but that
> does the previous mounts, i.e. "/", no good).

 So, logically, it could be the block-layer itself.  It could also be a race
condition in SDP maybe.

I would suggest:
1) Trying newer/different Kernel.
2) Using regular old Ethernet instead of IB to eliminate SDP as a factor.

Do you have any kernel messages besides the 120 second hung task warning?

-JR