[DRBD-user] possibility of migrating 512B to 4kB blocksize

netz-haut - stephan seitz s.seitz at netz-haut.de
Mon Jan 3 09:57:29 CET 2011

Hi there,

I wonder if it's somehow possible to move from 512 bytes blocksize to 4k on a running drbd. I've recently took one node offline, removed the LUN, created an identical LUN except with 4k instead of 512, and tried to give it back to the drbd.
Drbd's message "blocksize mismatch, expect degraded performance..." was expected, but it refused to work with some "end of device request"
By now I'm stuck with 512b.

Is there any way to move over to 4k without a complete takedown of the drbd device?

Cheers,

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

   netz-haut GmbH
   multimediale kommunikation

   Zweierweg 22
   97074 Würzburg

   Telefon: 0931 2876247
   Telefax: 0931 2876248

   Web: www.netz-haut.de
   Amtsgericht Würzburg - HRB 10764
   Geschäftsführer: Michael Daut, Kai Neugebauer