[DRBD-user] DRBD Primary fails to mount resource - Need help today

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Aug 1 10:04:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 08/01/2011 12:03 AM, Bruce Wolfe wrote:
> Now, the resource got unmounted from Primary. I tried to remount the
> resource 'mount /dev/drbd0 /repdata' to no avail.

this is bad. How is it failing? If a resource is primary, you should be
able to mount it.

You can try and examine the data using file -fL /dev/drbd0.

Your scenario is somewhat creepy, what with all your full-sync ->
diskless -> full sync reverse going on. I sure hope you didn't manage to
blast your live data somehow along the way.

Scrutinize your logs and find the reason for the resource getting
unmounted in the first place. You should really get a full picture
before jumping into action.

Regards,
Felix