[DRBD-user] allow-two-primary on ext3

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Thu Sep 9 21:38:16 CEST 2010

On 09.09.2010 21:07, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> So, in single-primary mode and using ext3 fs type, a node can have the
> role of primary for 2 resources without any problems.

one node can be primary for any number of drbd resources that are
configured for this host, as long as no other host is currently in
primary mode and no split brain has occured.

in case of a "split brain", there is no connection between the
hosts running drbd and thus both nodes could end up as primary hosts.

e.g. both are secondary and uptodate, you unplug the network connection
and promote both to primary.

thats why it is important to address split brain scenarios.
(the manual should provide information on this)

cheers,
raoul