[DRBD-user] possible problem with cloned system installation (?)

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jun 28 10:08:55 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 01:29:23PM -0300, zoolook wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've setup a two node drbd+hearbeat. Nodes seems to run ok.
>
> I installed the first node (node1) using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.04). The
> second (node2) was a rsync-image of the first machine.
>
> Heartbeat didn't want to run on the second box because they had the very
> same uuid (/var/lib/heartbeat/hb_uuid). After removing the file and
> restarting heartbeat everything worked ok.
>
> I just want to make sure drbd will have no problems as I see there's
> /var/lib/drbd/node_id and its content is the same of both nodes.
>
> Do I need to stop drbd on the second node and delete node_id?

The drbd "node id" is currently mostly ignored.

You may run into problems however if you managed to clone your DRBD
metadata so that your devices now have both identical data generation
identifiers (UUIDs), without actually being in sync.

You may need to follow the "truck based replication" section
in the drbdsetup man page.

--
: Lars Ellenberg