[DRBD-user] possible problem with cloned system installation (?)

zoolook nbensa at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 18:29:23 CEST 2010

Hello list,

I've setup a two node drbd+hearbeat. Nodes seems to run ok.

I installed the first node (node1) using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.04). The
second (node2) was a rsync-image of the first machine.

Heartbeat didn't want to run on the second box because they had the very
same uuid (/var/lib/heartbeat/hb_uuid). After removing the file and
restarting heartbeat everything worked ok.

I just want to make sure drbd will have no problems as I see there's
/var/lib/drbd/node_id and its content is the same of both nodes.

Do I need to stop drbd on the second node and delete node_id?

Thank you,
Norberto Bensa