[DRBD-user] STRANGE ISSUE - disk partition deleted after resync

Roberto Fastec roberto.fastec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:42:26 CEST 2010

Dear Dan, thank you for your tip.

Ok, thinking about the sequence, I've deleted the partition table... ;-P

Better don't do tests too late in the night...

But, what is that synced? Because it synced. Have they been my 200GBs
/dev/sdb1 partition or some kind of ghost?

To answer to your question, please note that /dev/sdb in the primary server
is a 1000GB disk while /dev/sdb on the secondary server it is a 1500GB disk.
This is a size mismatch and for this reason I supposed the correct thing to
do was to create one partition of the same size on each drive.
If they can mismatch, well this is interesting, but for the moment, while
testing, I prefer to wait for a 200GB sync time instead than 1000GB.

Thank you if you tip me also about these issues.

Roberto