[DRBD-user] STRANGE ISSUE - disk partition deleted after resync

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Thu Jul 22 18:23:58 CEST 2010

Oops! I forgot to show the entire procedure for new, blank disks (from
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdsetup.html)

New Blank Disk:

===============

#On both nodes, initialize meta data and configure the device.

drbdadm -- --force create-md <res>

#They need to do the initial handshake, so they know their sizes.

drbdadm up <res>

#They are now Connected Secondary/Secondary Inconsistent/Inconsistent.
Generate a new current-uuid and clear the dirty bitmap.

drbdadm -- --clear-bitmap new-current-uuid <res>

#They are now Connected Secondary/Secondary UpToDate/UpToDate.

drbdadm primary <res>

Dan in Atlanta