[DRBD-user] 8.3.8 Online Verify Oops on kernel 2.6.34

Michael michael.auckland at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:26:11 CEST 2010

> You should be able to match the oops stacktrace to a source code line,
> and find out what exactly has been NULL in your case.
>
> Other than that,
> and to double check that you really have a clean and fitting build,
> no, I'm afraid not.

I havent modify any source ( not that advanced )
untar 8.3.8 then:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-km --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
make && make install DESTDIR=/

( when build and instlling noe errors was spotted )

after that module was not loading. ( original module for 2.6.34 wich is
8.3.7 was loading lru_cache.ko )
So what I did removed original drbd.ko from the path /lib/modules...
 rmmod lru_cache, after that 8.3.8 module loading OK, and all seems to work.
Then reboot the server before making it live. All went fine till I tried
online verify - which gives oops.

Will try to reproduce it on the other computers

Michael