[DRBD-user] recovering from "Local IO failed. Detaching..."

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:35:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:06:28PM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > In theory drbd should not try to read sector 0 at all as It uses c0d0p3
> and
> > c0d0p4.....
>
> who says its DRBD that is reading there.
> who says that has been a read request.

They were only assumptions, as the I/O errors came in-between the drbd
messages....
The questions posted were indeed because I would like anyone give insight
about my doubts.... ;-)

> [snip]
>

> please try current git, if you can.
> http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=summary
> there has been one regression in this area
> somewhere between 8.3.2 and 8.3.3rc1,
> which now is fixed again.

I would like but I'm behind a proxy.
I tried some configurations for proxy, searching how to use git through a
proxy, but I can  for example get git for wine, but not for drbd.
Do you serve your git repository through http too?
Attempting this:
git clone http://git.drbd.org/drbd-8.3

I get:
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/drbd/git_150909/drbd-8.3/.git/
fatal: http://git.drbd.org/drbd-8.3/info/refs not found: did you run git
update-server-info on the server?

while for example
git clone http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/wine/git_150909/wine/.git/
Getting alternates list for http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git
Getting pack list for http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git
Getting index for pa......
ecc

Excuse me: I'm available to try git version but not so expert with git
itself...

Gianluca