[DRBD-user] recovering from "Local IO failed. Detaching..."

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Sep 15 14:50:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:06:28PM +0200, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> I'm again here.
>
> After a little the bad diskless situation restarted also with 8.3.3rc2.
> What the first change or action to debug to try?
> In particular, I don't understand if the line in dmesg
>
> end_request: I/O error, dev cciss/c0d0, sector 0
>
> is reported by drbd or scsi layer or what...

generic block layer.

> In theory drbd should not try to read sector 0 at all as It uses c0d0p3 and
> c0d0p4.....

who says its DRBD that is reading there.
who says that has been a read request.

> or does this mean that it is not able to read the partition table....?

dunno.

> Thanks for help
> Gianluca
>
> On the problematic node I have:
>
> drbd: initialized. Version: 8.3.3rc2 (api:88/proto:86-91)

please try current git, if you can.
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=summary
there has been one regression in this area
somewhere between 8.3.2 and 8.3.3rc1,
which now is fixed again.

--
: Lars Ellenberg