[DRBD-user] LV becomes non-allocatable on other primary

George Negoita negoita.george at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:52:45 CEST 2009

Hello!

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM, himanshu padmanabhi
<himanshu.padmanabhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I faced 2 problems on other primary side,
>
> 1. drbdlv1 has attributes as '-wi---' and not '-wi-a-'.I need to do
> 'lvchange' here to activate it.
>     Is there any way that  I can maintain their active state here?
>
> 2. PV,VG and LV are appears quite late,after 3-4 minutes.Why is this much
> delay,operation being synchronous?

Because LVM is unaware of the changes you made on it's underlying
device (drbd physical volume). If you are using dual-primary mode, you
should use clvm, which is a lvm cluster extension.

I don't know if this works!! If you don't want to use clvm, you can
try to bring down the second node, create the volumes on the first
node, then bring up the second node and run pvscan/vgscan/lvscan. This
should work as long as you don't make any other changes to the
volumes. Maybe someone can tell us if i'm wrong here.

--
George Negoita
System Administrator